Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Had an okay reunion dinner on the eve at my first uncle's place (dad's side), talking with Darran about the club21 job where he knew some of the people I worked with considering that he was previously working in Isetan's CK. Watched a silly chinese show and ate. Had the traditional mee sua the first day at my fourth uncle's place (dad's side) where my grandma kept asking me in hokkien to eat more eat more. She kept pointing to the ingredients and gesticulating with her hands, as if horrified that my already filled to the brim bowl wasn't full enough. She keeps trying to feed me. Then it was over. We've concluded the visiting to dad's side for the year, save Christmas at our place or a big birthday.
Visited my other cousins on the second day (mum's side) Spent the time eating and watching Cassandra maneover her character on the xbox through various quests and killing of wasps and bandits. It was pretty funny in the beginning because she didn't really know how to handle the game and ended up kicking chickens, stealing books and whacking the people she was supposed to save. We always feel more relaxed with the cousins of mum's side, perhaps the reason is that we're all girls. And there's only 4 of us. Dad's side is so much bigger and the guys just group together. We were quite close when we were younger but now that we're all grown up in the late teens and some in the 20s... it can get rather awkward.
The third day was spent with my parent's close friends. They have this really beautiful house in Bukit Timah that they designed themselves with water surronding the house. Don't really know how to describe it but it is just awesome. Anyway, we always have good food there. Marcus is really quite a good big brother to Ethan and Hugo. Hmm... or maybe he scolds them too much that they listen to him. We've known them almost forever but Marcus in his early teens seems more shy when talking to older girls. But we somehow bonded again over Maplestory. Marcus no longer plays but is helping Ethan who in all his early primary school years screams "Take the money take the money" and "Kill kill kill kill" (You get money after you kill the monsters and you gets experience points to level up if you kill monsters) How cute. Marcus started teaching him bad stuff to say like "F off" to other players who are probably quite young and don't know what that means. Hugo is even cuter being the youngest. Seeing the 3 of them together made me think that having cute children is really nice. Haha. They'll definitely grow up and become heartbreakers someday. Quite a pity I'm older. By many years.
Aside from the festivities, I've experienced a horrifying nightmare just now. I woke up gasping for air and trying not to hyperventilate. What could be the cause? Well, only the A level results. It being CNY and having to tolerate many questions on "When are your results coming out What do you intend to do in Uni", I guess it was inevitable that something like this would have happened. It was a weird dream, how can I go back to SN to get my results for something I've done in VJ. How can I not look at my results and assume I did well. It only occurred to me to look when in the MRT station and I saw this. R U M O 3. There could have been a D. The O is a possibilty and the M too could have been a merit for my S and 3 could have been for my GP. U=Ungraded? R=Really bad? Nonsense. Thank goodness. But really, I ended up collapsing in the MRT station and screaming. What a ridiculous dream founded on the subconscious fears of a girl. It is with confidence that I say I hope I never see that kind of grades (real or otherwise) ever again. At least, we've got to aim higher than a 3 for GP though I know it's tough. Hee.